Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday! Easter eggs & shaker pincushions



This week I made Easter Eggs. I plan to make more, but I just made these 2 the other day. I made them with an envelope style closure on the back, so I can slip treats in. Here they are (below) without treats in them. The one above has a treat in it. I'm slowly replacing the plastic!



They are a little wonky, because I was trying out a new (to me) sewing machine I bought at a garage sale this past weekend, a Brother VX1100.



I like the machine... super easy to use, and it doesn't eat my projects for no reason, like my testy Baby Lock does. My only complaint is that it doesn't handle as much wool thickness as the Baby Lock can.


I also hit the mend pile, and finally sewed up the holes on one of Spot's beds. She was so excited to see it that I felt guilty not getting to it earlier!



I found a nice assortment of shakers at all the garage sales I went to, so I made some more pincushions out of them.



So, what have you been working on? As always, feel free to post any of your finished recycled wool projects on my Facebook page!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Your puppy is so cute! And the projects are awesome too. I like the idea of replacing the plastic eggs with wool ones that can house goodies. A nice way to use up some bigger scraps too.

Resweater said...

Thanks! Can you believe she's 2 years old? I'm trying to come up with an egg that utilizes the neck zippers from sweaters around the center of egg. I made one, but it is so sad looking that it didn't make it on my blog, lol. Second time's a charm?

teekaroo said...

Very cute idea! I may have to make a few before Easter gets here.