Friday, September 9, 2011

Local (Chicago suburbs) craft & fiber shows!



Craft show season is here! This year I gave myself a light load with only 2 shows. Next year my son will be in school full time, so i'll have more time to craft.


The first show is a fiber show, Fiber In The Park, so i'll be selling sweaters, as well as my finished products. The info? :

"Saturday September 17, 2011
9 AM - 4 PM


Shabbona Park
4165 East 16th Road
Earlville, IL 60518
Admission is free


Join us for a day in the country at the 5th annual "Fiber In The Park" festival to be held at Shabbona Park in Earlville, IL, featuring wool, mohair, alpaca and other natural fibers for spinners and crafters. There will be yarn, weaving, spinning, knitting, crocheting, and felting supplies for sale and demonstrations.
Food and live music."



The next one is a craft show, benefiting the Plainfield library. I was planning to just do the Fiber In The Park this year, but my second cousin Barbara is running the craft show, and let me know about it. Thanks, Barbara!

"Friends of the Plainfield Public Library Art/Craft Fair

Date:
Sep 24 2011
Times:
Saturday 9 AM to 3 PM
Address:
Plainfield Public Library
15025 S. Illinois St.
Plainfield, IL, 60544
United States
Phone: 815.439.8184"

I hope to see some of you there! :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Kris :)

I've just been browsing your blog...and browsing...and browsing...and browsing! It's all so interesting: you are really so creative. I was looking for a baby sleep sack, found that plus a baby hat, plus the adjustable waistband on the longies-now that's a great idea, definitely worth its own post (hint hint ;) )! I'd also love to see how you've tweaked the Katrina soaker pattern.

All the best for your craft shows, I hope you sell lots of goodies!

Jill :) (from the Yahoo Wool Soaker Group)

Resweater said...

Thanks, Jill! Unfortunately the waistbands and other tweakings of the Katrina pattern vary from soaker to soaker. I just kind of wing it with each one. The fold over rise is just the bottom of the sweater, with the seam on the outside, so when you fold it over there is no seam showing (did that make sense?).